I don't know about you all, but I very touched yesterday at our time of prayer at the Grove. Yes, it seems that anytime the Grove gets all "together" it is usually our finest hour.
I hope we remember our time yesterday and look forward to draw upon it as we need to. The thing that touched me the most is the power of being physically together. Please let me be clear, I don't mean this in any figurative sense, like we all just agreed on something. No, I mean when we circled around one of our members, joined hands or made physical contact with one another, it was as if there was no one, or nothing that could hurt us. I felt very safe...
For too long, I have been a Christian who mistakingly flurts with the idea that I can do this alone...or that I am alone in my walk...for anyone who thinks that, or thinks they don't need the fellowship of other Christians to be a Christian...may God help you see otherwise...I think also are culture minimizes the power of the simple things like joining hands with others and praying.
I saw and felt my place yesterday...it was leaning into the person next to me who was leaning into and holding on to the next person, so on and so on...where you are spiritually in your maturity or giftedness was of little importance at that time because we were together. Our power and love was in our togetherness and in the middle of it all, was a sister who was surrounded in love...it was awesome...
No question, the church is dependent on Christ, but we are also dependent on eachother to love and yes, sometimes actually lean on eachother just as we did yesterday...I hope we don't forget it and continue to grow in this type of love.
Peace...Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment