Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sunday September 7,2008

Greetings you all,

First let me say thanks to all of you for all you did in making last sunday a great day had by all. Thanks again for whoever helped and put equipment away while I was helping someone with their car. I got back to help out and it was all done...that's outstanding team work and the cords looked like they even got rolled up right. (Don will be happy) This, gang, is the way we are supposed to work together. ( to the praise of God the Father through our Lord Jesus)

Please review the song list for this week. This is a tenative list subject to change upon review by Jeff. My gameplan was to open with "I will do the same", my guess is that no one is familar with it, however, it is a great worship song and is very simple to play. My hope is that we can put together on thursday night and come up with a version all our own...we will try this and see what happens without spending a ton of time on it...

The worship set is pretty straight forward...no surprises there. I would like to do " How deep the Fathers love for us" as a pre-lude to communion. I also thought as long as we are on stage we might as well go right into a closing song: " If we are the Body" right after Jeff's benediction. (My goal here would be to get us familar with using closing songs as we had discussed)

I look forward to thursday...it would be a great idea to try and arrive early to set up equipment and so forth.

Also, I am planning a planning session for the worship team. My goal would be to get together and set up a game plan for the last 1/4 of the year using all your input. My hope would be we could coordinate all our music at least (1) month in advance and talk about new songs, new people, ect. We also have recently come into some recording capabilities and can plan some things there as well.

I am open to suggestions on when and where to meet. I was thinking maybe Seekers, or even my house, a saturday AM? Please give me your input on this.


Again, thank you all for your efforts...may God bless them and you....Vince

No comments: