You know, something is not right. I looked at my calandar for today and compared it to the last two years and did you know, easter was in April last year and the year before?
Now, what's up with that? Who changes these things? Do we have easter when we feel like it? Does someone throw darts at the calandar and say: " March it is!" Don't get it...but anyway, it's here and I am glad. (Maybe we needed it to come early this year?)
Thank you all again for you great work on thursday P.M. which made sunday even more special. We got some pretty good participation from folks and may have some new surprising additions as a result...we will see...
For this friday and sunday, please review the list of songs selected. I would like to see Brett do percussion on Friday AM...I know I will be there and anyone else who is off and wishes to come, be at the YMCA at 7:30am....
For sunday...we have a surprise song we are doing...the Easter Song...I want to try this on thursday P.M. and would ask anyone who wants to try and sing it, (including Dave and Darlene) to try and get a listen to it beforehand if possible. I have (1) copy on CD but could burn others if you all could supply me with a disk since I am plum out...
For musicians on sunday, I would like to see Nate on drums, with Brian leading our opening song and having me play bass on it. It would be a great fit for us to do.
With that being said, we have a lot of things going on this week, but don't lose the moment. If you have an opportunity, listen or even read the lyrics for the song..."How great the Father's Love for us." I think it will help you capture what this week is all about.
God Bless and thank Him for you all...
Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Vince,
Just reading today that the date for Easter is dependent upon when passover falls and it has to do with the lunar calendar.
So you are right - we need it in March this year! :)
Great blog - looking forward to this weekend.
Post a Comment